I was sitting down this afternoon, preparing to eat a bowl of cereal, and I realized something very important.... it hit me like the unexpected snowball hits the dork that expected it....:
I have cereal to eat!!!! I have milk to eat it with!!! I have a friggin bowl to eat out of!!! I have many friggin Bowls to eat out of!!!!
Then, I started to think about other things I'm grateful for, like my weights and my car. These things make my life much easier and without them in my life, Things would definitely suck, Big Time.
As I sat there thinking of all the things that I'm grateful for, I started to focus on what my life would be like without these things in my possession.
It's funny how your thoughts work... sort of like a chain... you think one thought... and then another thought of similar nature "pops up"... and then another... and so on. The wonders of association... It's like our thoughts are connected by invisible threads. What thoughts are you pulling up?
How often do you take the time to think about all the things that are in your life right now? Can you think of all the people in your life that you are grateful to have and enjoy their presence?
So i'm sitting there and I start to realize all the things that I tend to take for granted, like this very nice house I'm living in right now. The alternative: On the streets, or worse...living with someone else!!!
Are you grateful for your home? Are you grateful for the bed you sleep on every night? If you're not yet grateful for these things, then think of the alternative.....
What you have right now might not seem like much to you, but realize that you do have it and it is yours...
Whenever you start to bitch and moan about how your life sucks, stop.... and think about what your life would be like WITHOUT all that sucky stuff.
If you want new things, that's fine. I want lots of new things. My point is this: take the time to appreciate the things you have now. Appreciation of the value that these things add to your life is a habit. Think about it like this: If you don't appreciate the things that you have now, how can you appreciate the things that you have yet to recieve?
The ability to appreciate things and people is a habit. Learn to develop it now so that you can appreciate the good that's coming to you.
Are you grateful for your sight? I'm know that I'm sure as shit grateful for my ability to see. With my eyesight, I can wonder at Snookie and determine exactly what she might be....
Can you imagine not being able to look around and see all the things that you like to look around at.... after a lifetime of being able to see?
Are you reading this post from your HOME PC? Or are you at a library, racing against the time limits imposed on the terminals, racing to get as much done as possible before you're locked out until the next day..... I'm very grateful that I'm not next to some guy whose looking wide eyed at Pokemon Porn.... Sadly, I used to be THAT GUY, but that's a topic for another post.... and PPA (Pokemon Porno Anonymous).... Sweet, sweet, ninetails.... Anyway
I'm typing this from my labtop right now and I'm very grateful that I can type for the comfort of my own home. I'm very grateful that I can go into my basement ANYTIME I choose and play around with my weights, instead of working out at a gym where everybody is grunting like they're in a friggin' throat clearing contest. I'm grateful that I don't have to cower in fear from the extremely old guy in the gym who can lift a house with his pinky, but can't spell ABC....
Do you see my point?
What was the point of this post? Just to get you to see the importance of being grateful for what you have and appreciating the things that you have in your life right now.
You wanna know the cool thing about learning to appreciate things in your life? It only takes once. Our brains are very much like clay. New habits that we learn form new connections between the neurons in the brain. When you perform a new activity and thus, form a new connection, the connection becomes stronger and stronger until it's second nature. You AUTOMATICALLY perform the actions/ habit. Very powerful stuff.....
Doesn't it make perfect sense to love things you have WHILE their here instead of missing them when they are gone. Believe me, I've been there and done that and IT SUCKS. Notice the good things that you have RIGHT NOW.
And if you're thinking... "Amir, I can't think of anything to be grateful for!!!", then to you I shout... "Bullshit!!!!" Realize that you actually read this far into this post. Realize that you can read!!!! or you have that computer program that talks to you... Anyway....
The point is that when you imagine what you're life would be like WITHOUT xxx or yyy, then you can start to appreciate it more and more.
Sincerely,
Amir Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment