If you're Like Me and you like to work out and push your body to it's limits - and then beyond them - then you owe it to your-self to take at least on day a week to rejuvenate your body and mind and evaluate whether or not your current program is getting you the results you want.
What kinds of things do you on your Recovery day?
Well, I usually:
1) Do static stretches for every major muscle group.
2) Do active stretching to offset the lengthening process.
3) Use my foam roller to roll out and flatten and adhesions that may have appeared/developed.
4) Perform specific yoga stretches to help my muscle recover quicker
5) Perform specific resistance exercises to activate any muscles that have been lengthened to the point of impairing performance ( i.e. focusing on muscles that may not have been activated during my specific program
6) Guided imagery to focus on specific movements that may be difficult for me at the time i.e. if i'm having a a hard time returning to the standing position PROPERLY during the barbell squat, i'll visualize and imagine myself performing that specific portion of the movement that is giving me trouble.
7) Focused physical and mental relaxation to speed up the recovery. I consciously relax each and every muscle in my body, and then, i mentally relax by focusing on a funny memory or a location that i feel relaxed in. I hear the sounds around me... i feel the the feelings that i feel when i'm there. I visualize the surroundings.
8) I sit down and evaluate my training program and I make any changes necessary so that I can achieve and MAINTAIN my fitness goals.
Here are some of the processes and activities that i engage in on my Recovery day...
What are some of things that you do on YOUR recovery day?
Amir
No comments:
Post a Comment