Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is your Grip ( or lack-there-of) making you seem like a weak, baby d@#$ loser?

Well, One of the things I appreciate in a person is a strong, powerful handshake. Whether a man or woman, a weak handshake is horrible, and makes people perceive you as, well... weak. I've had some women shake my hand and I couldn't believe what I was experiencing: It felt like a MAN... a really strong man - was shaking my hand!!! I was shocked and hence, IMPRESSED. I can still remember when they happened. Now, don't you think its amazing that a person can do something so simple as shake your hand and have you remember them for YEARS?!?!?!?!? Don't you find that to be amazing? I HATE when a person shakes my hand and the handshake is weak and flaccid. I think a part of why it is that turns me off is because when i shake a persons' hand with energy and strength, I expect at least some effort in the return grip. Stop and think about it for a minute: This person didn't even put any effort into the freakin' handshake!!! It's a handshake!!!! Now. Can a person be blamed for having a fish shake? Yes and no. A)Whatever a person is thinking and consequently, feeling, is transmitted through their body and communicated to the other person through their grip, whatever the level of that force may be. B) Some people want to be perceived as being submissive, deliberately hiding their strength, so as to fly under the radar, so to speak translation: "This guys handshake is like shaking hands with a corpse... he's not a threat..." Now, there's only so much "cloaking" a person can do, and there's something that can't be faked... like having a handshake like a corpse... C) The person may be tired, and that's okay. D) Person may not want to intimidate the person you're shaking hands with, so as to not be perceived as a threat and thus lose the opportunity they are being exposed to( Notice that points D and B are different, as the INTENTIONS behind the cloaking are totally different...) At one point in my life or another, I've fallen into all of the categories listed. Its cool:) i've been there with you. There's good news: You can fix it RIGHT NOW. You can stop shaking with with people like they have doo-doo on their palms and... Start Shaking Hands Like You Open Bear Trapped With Your Bare Hands for a Living!!! It's real simple to do... You just shake the persons' hand... HARD. First of all, take a deep breath and let go. 1)Shake the persons' hand like you have life and energy in you. 2)Smile when you shake their hand, no matter the look on their face. Emotions are contagious, and when you smile, other people unconsciously smile with you. A persons faces automatically match your own 3) Act As-if your spirit is going to make contact this other person spirit when your hands clasp... and that he/she can read you spirit in your handshake. Your soul is going to be laid open and bare to this total stranger. In a way, it is. Kinda makes you think of handshakes from a spiritual point of reference. Two spirits shaking spiritual hand and exchanging information/energy/communicating. Really deep stuff... 4) As you shake their hands, realize that this is a person just like you and me.. they have hopes, dreams, little "boxes" that comprise their lives, just a person, just like you and me. You'll find that when you realize this, you start to relax and feel much more confident. You level the playing ground mentally. Notice the responses you get as you make these changes. Have Fun and your welcome:)

No comments:

Post a Comment