It's something I stumbled upon many years ago... I wasn't looking for it, I just sort of "found" it... Or more accurately.. It "found" me...
Here's the Secret... I'll do my part and share it with the world... Get ready for it... because you HAVE HAD THE ANSWER YOUR ENTIRE LIFE and you weren't even aware of it...
If you're keen, then you'll find that the answer lies in the age old question itself:
"What's the secret to eternal youth?"
If you haven't figured it out yet, then I'll save you the effort of thinking through this problem:
The Secret to Eternal Youth is to...
Stay Young Forever!!!!
The answer is right here!!! If you want to be young for as long as you live, copy the "young" people, or more specifically, copy the people that DO WHAT THEY LOVE, no matter what anyone else thinks or says.
When it comes down to it, happiness is the key ingredient for a life bursting with vigor and energy. Do what you like and happiness will follow.
I'm sure you have loads of people you can emulate, people within your own social circle(s) that are always happy. If you STOP... and think about it for a moment... Can you think of one person that sticks out in your mind whose ALWAYS happy?
How easy would it be for you to PICK UP THE PHONE, start a conversation, and ask them why they are always happy?
Happiness plays a major role in the way we perceive the events that occur in our life. When you view a certain event through the lens of a "oh well, it's just a bump in the road, I'll find a way through it..." lens, then life is a little bit more bearable.
I realize that it's hard to do that... HOWEVER... It can be done and you can learn to develop a habit of viewing life as a "glass half full" sort of thing.
There's a really good book called " the promise of energy psychology" By David Feinstein, which has much good information on how you can learn to see life in a more positive manner.
Happiness is perspective, for the most part. There are people with houses filled to he brim with money and all the best technology can buy.... HOWEVER... In most cases, they tend not to be happy. Now, I'm not saying that money doesn't buy happiness. I don't know about you, but I love money. Money allows me to take care of my family and have lots of good times with friends and family, and those friends I have yet to meet and make.
There are people who are DIRT POOR who always have smile on their face. Why? Because they are happy to be alive. They are happy to breathe freely.
Everyone has their own Idea of happiness, or their own criteria for what makes them happy.
What's YOUR criteria for HAPPINESS?
What does HAPPINESS mean to YOU?
Get out a piece of paper and write it out, and then when you finish writing everything down, take a look at what you wrote. Does it "sound" right to you? If it doesn't, then do the exercise again.
What things can you do RIGHT NOW to make yourself FEEL HAPPY?
When you can think of one thing that really gets you moving inside, then GET UP and GO DO IT.
The only one responsible for YOUR HAPPINESS is... You guessed it.... ME!!!
Just Kidding:) It's YOU. You have complete control over yourself and your reactions.
Have Fun:)
Amir Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment