Friday, December 18, 2009

Pull ups - not just diapers....

I know, the joke was lame and corny, even.

But the fact remains that pull ups are AWE-SOME.

Pull ups are a total body exercise.

Now...

What does that mean?

It means that every single major muscle group in your body is called to duty to stabilize you during the exercise. What's that mean? Well...:

Abs - worked
Lats - worked
Forearms - worked
Biceps - worked
Obliques - worked

Did you know that compound exercises such as the Pull Up and the Squat - can increase the amount of growth hormone your body naturally releases, which in turns speeds up your ability to build muscle, burn fat, and increase your energy levels?

It's one of those few exercises that can be modified and progressed beyond anything you can imagine.

While I'm not a proponent of strictly bodyweight routines, I do believe that the pull up is one of those exercises that you want to through into your routine at least once a week.

In general , I tend to favor exercises that require you to exert your maximum strength. The pull up is one of those exercises.

If you've done a pull up, or seen pull ups done, you have noticed the form used by the person engaged in the agony.

To make it as simple as possible:


Bad form = dangerous

Good form = strength enhancing


Can you see the difference...

I'll post a few videos that demonstrate proper, and most importantly, safe form.

You're gonna wanna stay tuned for those, especially if you want to increase your strength and your ability to burn fat ROUND THE CLOCK.


If you can't wait for those videos, then the rule of thumb is:

KEEP EVERYTHING TIGHT.

EVERYTHING.

Even your butt cheeks aka your gluteus maximus/ medius. Just keep the whole butt cheek area tight, okay?

Keep your abs nice and braced. By braced, I mean that you want to act as if your about to be punched in the stomach and you're bracing for impact.

When you watch the video and see the demonstration, you'll have a clearer picture and you'll be well on your way to developing awesome strength and physical power.


Make sure that you do 3- 5 reps in the beginning, to help your nervous system adjust to the exercise.

And make sure that you take a 3- 5 minute break in between sets, to help your nervous system readjust and recover for the next set.


Take Care,


Amir


PS. I'm not sure whether or not I want to upload the videos to Youtube or my FaceBook page, but I'm certain that the videos will be uploaded in the next few days, so get ready for some PULLUP MADNESS!!!!!MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, i had to do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment