I didn't realize it until today..
I was in local print shop getting a quote for a book I'm writing called " Secrets of how to be your own personal trainer".
As I walk into the store, I notice a customer speaking with one of the associates, and I notice that the guy seems to be a pessimist...
He's talking about how "there's nothing good left in the world" and he's just "wating for the end...", whatever that means.
Now, I like to play around, so with each statement he spit out, I picked out the positive in it. Everytime I countered with a positive, he was "stunned", and he searched deep in his subconscious for a negative.
As if his pessimistic attitude wasn't bad enough, he even started to get down on... BEER!!!
This was the last f@#$% straw for me, because I love a good, tall, cold, frosty mug of beer every once in a while.
He goes: " There ain;t enough alcohol in the beer..." to which I reply:
"Yeah, but there is still some in there..."
At which point he walks out of the shop and wishes everyone a good weekend. I really do hope that guy has an amazing weekend and that he learns to see the positive aspects of his life.
If he was only aware of the fact that " the grass is always greener on the other side". At least he has a job!!!! How many of you out there are out of work? I'm in the same boat.
It's only when I got home did I realize the significance of what occurred: He couldn't bring me down!! His energy level didn't have an impact on me and I managed to brighten up his day to a degree.
I would never called myself an "optimist", but I do like to focus on the positive aspects of my life, because I'm a FIRM believer in the saying " what you focus your attentions on, expands..."
Take Care,
Amir
No comments:
Post a Comment