Friday, May 14, 2010

Chew Your Damn Food!!!

I know you've heard a million times:

"Chew Your damn Food..."

Well guess what? This makes 1 million and one times you've heard it.

Here, in these times of health awareness and the power of proper nutrition, more and more people are starting to eat more nutrient dense foods.

That's awesome, and I forsee a world of more energetic and lively, healthy people as a result.

However, some people take healthy eating to the extreme and they start to eat only organic. If it ain't organic, then forget about it, dude.

That's ok, if that's your choice, but hear's the thing:

Some foods are less than... tasty, to put it politely. I'm sure the creators have the best intentions in mind.

Now, When you look at it like this, then it makes sense that you don't wanna chew these foods; in fact, it's possible that you want to close your eyes and hold your breath when you eat those foods.

Bi Now, many people are aware of the importance of chewing your food; it increases your ability to assimilate the nutrients in said foodstuffs. Technically, the process digestion begins in the mouth ie chewing.

Protein digestion starts in the stomach, so they don't need to be chewed as thoroughly as carbs, whose digestion begins in the mouth.

I have a nephew that had a habit that i find extremely disgusting: He chewed his food and he held the chewed up stuff in the side of his cheek, like some kind of gerbily...gerbil...

Only years later did I realize that he was actually helping his body out. When your body isn't assimilating nutrients likes it supposed to (sea the small intestine...), then your body is constantly craving said nutrients. That's one of the reasons why we might feel hungry even though we might have eaten an hour ago.


Now what does chewing your food have to do with eating your food you don't really enjoy at all?

Well...

Think about how you react when you eat something that tastes disgusting:

Do you even chew it and break it down? Or do you just swallow it?

I know when I have to eat something that that i don't enjoy ( it's sad that this is even a problem in my life....), I tend to hold my breath and just swallow it.

Are you starting to see what I'm getting at hair?

Why don't you by food that tastes good so your body can get the full benefit when you CHEW YOUR DAMN FOOD!!!

Makes sense, don't you think?

Why not buy food that you can totally enjoy it AND get healthier as you eat it?

Alot of people suggest that you chew your food until it's liquidy.... there are even some people that suggest that you chew water and liquids!!!

Whenever I'm drinking something that really cold, i'll let it sit and warm up so that The cold feeling doesn't freeze up mah innards on the way down:) That's me... That's what happen when you hang out around relatives....


Anyway, think bout what you've read hear and start chewing your damn food like mama told ya!!!


Amir

No comments:

Post a Comment