That word... "old"... I've never really liked that word because it's so limiting and there are so many labels attached.
"old" usually means "worn out" for some people. It's usually associated being no longer fun ie " This is getting really OLD..."
Have you ever said a word OUT LOUD so many times that it seemed to lose all meaning?
We need to do that with this word here.
Now...
I truly believe that this it's all dependant on your state of mind and your attitudes towarda aging. We all will age. It's inevitable. But I believe that just because we AGE, it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to be old.
There are 79 year "OLDS" that jog DAILY. DAILY!!!! Sometimes I find it hard to jog twice a week, if I'm Lucky. Now, whose "old"?!?!?!
If you haven't realized it yet, you need to understand that so called "OLD" have an ASTONISHING amount of experience to share with everyone. They've seen and done things that some of probably only dream about. Now... the question is... how can we gain access to that AMAZING wellspring of information??
Well...
Maybe we can ASK THEM!!!!
If you have a burning question and you want an answer, then find someone that looks experienced and pose your question to them, and ask them how they would go about it. If your lucky, they'll share with you a neat story.
Hey, you'll be giving them something as well: You'll be helping them to remember something that was long ago forgotten and might have been treasured memory for them. Treasured memories are a part of what makes like worth living.
How many memories do you have that make you smile when you sit down and think about them?
Have fun,
Amir Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment