"When Alcohol flows in, emotions flow out..."
Andrew Salter, " Conditioned Reflex Therapy"
I read that quote today and I had to share it. It makes sense, when you stop and think about it. When most people have drink or two, they start to become relaxed and they say things that they normally wouldn't say.
Science has proven that alcohol helps decrease our inhibitions. In other words, alcohol tends to promote activities that we wouldn't do if we were sober.
My nephew has a really neat saying that makes sense when I look back on those times when I got really sauced:
"Drunk words are Sober Thoughts..."
Can you remember(partially at least) a time when you were REALLY drunk and you did something while you were drunk and you regretted doing it...or them? I'm sure you can vaguely remember a time like that right now...
Alcohol in moderation is actually a good thing. EVERYTHING in moderation is a okay. Chocolate in moderation is okay. The key is to realize when you've had enough and to know when it's time to put the twinkie down...
The next time you get extremely drunk... you're going to remember what you've read here, and as you're in the process of doing something that you know you'll regret in the morning... you'll say to yourself:
"Man, Amir was right... I know i'm gonna regret this, but.. who gives a @#@$%!"
Here's something neat you can do:
BEFORE you get drunk, tell yourself that your going to allow yourself to relax and have fun. Tell yourself to let loose and trust your feelings. Notice what happens the next day.
Sometimes, Our conscious mind can be too restrictive in what it allows us to do...or not do. A little alcohol can literally loosen the tongue and you'll find yourself saying things that you inhibit yourself from saying when you're sober, for whatever reason. As your sitting there, drinking your beer or whatever spirits you imbibe, imagine all the fun you're going to have tonight.
Have fun this weekend... I know I will....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment