Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When it comes to exercise...

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!

We all know bye now that exercise is necessary to a life filled with energy and vitality.

However...

The word "exercise" seems to elicit various images and emotional reactions in people. Some good, some bad.

I say, let's break down what "exercise" really means, okay?

In order to do this, we have to take a look at what happens when we "exercise". We're usually moving around and breathing harder and faster when we exercise, right?

I know I can think of at least one activity that I really enjoy that get's me breathing harder and faster... and it's even more fun when you do it with a group of people...

Well, STOP and think about this for a moment...

Have you ever noticed how your breathing changes when your doing something you enjoy?

Have you noticed how you feel INSIDE when your doing something that you really enjoy doing?

Does exercise really need to make you sore and cause you to limp around in pain for a few days? I personally don't think so at all.

What would happen if FROM THIS MOMENT ONWARD, you start to think of exercise as merely being ACTIVITY, movement. When you look at like this, what kinds of activities can you do that will allow you to move around AND have fun?

While we're on the subject, Let's do something about the word "diet". That word brings to mind all sorts of mental pictures and emotional reactions.

For those people that have constantly gone back and forth with many "diets", there's a certain emotional reaction.

For the first time dieter, there's a certain emotional reaction. Can you guess which group experiences which emotional reaction? If you think you know the answer, then leave a comment and let me know what you think. I'd love to have some feedback here:)

Instead of Dieting, Wouldn't it be much better when you start to speak in terms of eating habits? After all, when you really STOP and THINK ABOUT IT, isn't a diet basically what we call it when a person changes their eating habits? Change your eating habits and you change your body and energy levels for the better. Sounds good? Good.

Anyway...

When it comes to ACTIVITY, listen to your body and do what feels good to YOU. It is absolutely possible to do some sort of activity everyday. The key to consistency is to listen to your body and plan your activity according to the way your body FEELS.

I LOVE lifting weights, HOWEVER, there are some days when i just feel like lying on the floor and stretching out those tight muscles.. allowing that tension to just melt away...allow those feelings of warmth and relaxation to flow wherever they want to...

And then there are those days when I feel like sprinting, so I take my ass to the woods and I sprint as if there's a school bus full of College cheerleaders...

It's all about paying attention to the way you FEEL and then acting accordingly.

One thing that really helps me focus in on what activity to do is to ask myself " what do I feel like doing right now?"

The answer I get is the activity I do.

If you feel like anything I said makes perfect sense to you, then feel free to go back up, print out this blog, and underline anything that you find helpful.

One very helpful thing to do is to pay attention to the way you feel BEFORE and AFTER an activity. When you notice how you feel BEFORE, then you have a baseline with which to compare how you feel AFTER the activity. If you feel better AFTER the activity than you did BEFORE, then that's generally good.

If you feel worse AFTER than you did BEFORE you performed the activity, then you need to do some resorting and some contemplation to come up with new activities to do.

If all else fails, then get out of the house and GO GET LAID(Use protection). It's the most fun activity I can think and It's the perfect combination of aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, and the release of feel good chemicals is so ADDICTING that you may just find yourself in awesome shape almost overnight!!! However, sex, like anything else, requires CONSTANT REPETITION before you will see results, and..

There's an extremely low drop out rate as well...:) Those who do drop out probably do so because they don't want to get into shape too fast...:)

Anyway...


Take Care,

Amir Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment