Monday, November 1, 2010

It sucks when you can't cheat on a woman and get away with it...

I've been there many, many, many times.

Especially when it comes to meeting women.

Like most guys, I LOVE WOMEN. There's not a waking thought that passes through my awareness that doesn't involve a woman or three... I love women.

I'm no expert one meeting women. Far from it. I'm just a student of life and I learn A little bit each day. It's so frustrating that it's actually fun. Thankfully, I haven't been slapped. Only insulted down t the depths of my immortal soul, is all...

Like most guys, when I see a woman that I want to get to know better, I might get a little nervous, and might not even know what to say, but then again, who really knows what to say all of the time?

In my mind, the most important thing is that I can find a way to get the girl's attention and hold it for a while so that she can see how awesome and funny I really am.

I've said lots of dumb things. LOTS. I've DONE even more dumb things.

One thing that comes to mind is the time I wanted to meet this really cute cashier in a Banana Republic store. She was brunette, had dark eyes, and she was long and slender in the trunk area. The skintight purple dress that came up to her toned thighs just added to her aura....

Anyway, Being a Personal Trainer, I use this as a excuse to open a communication with her. Here's a transcript of the exchange:


Me: Excuse me...

Her: Yeah?

Me: I'm a personal Trainer and I could help but notice that you have amazing posture....

Her: Really?

Me: Yeah:)

Her: Wow.... I've been going to my chiropractor because of my scoliosis for a while now....

Me: ......

Me: Well, whatever he's doin is working out for ya...

Her: Thanks!!! I let him know:)


Anyway, the point is this...

How the F@#K was I supposed to know she had scoliosis!?!?!?!?!

Do you see where I'm going with this yet?

When there's someone that you want to meet, find ANY excuse to go up to them and start a conversation. If you take the time to sit down and calculate what you're going to say, then he/she may disappear FOREVER.


The main goal at that point is to make them AWARE that you even exist and to give them a taste of your personality.

It's like this: At any one point in time, there are literally thousands of concerns, hopes, worries, plans, etc, running through most people's heads. It's almost as if each one of us is walking around surrounded by a cloud of these thoughts, each one demanding our energy and attention.


It's like everyone is walking around in a focused trance.

"Everyone" includes that Hot thong model that works at the subway down the street....

Your mission (if you choose to accept it and you find her attractive) is to get her attention and SAY ANYTHING. It doesn't matter what you say. You will automatically know what to say, if you use your eyes and ears.

Your only mission is to break her out of her trance for the moment and get her focused on you.

There's a saying about the human mind that goes something like this:

"The mind is indivisible..."

What does this mean?

It means that we can only focus our attention on one thing at a time.

Now what does this mean for meeting the woman that you want to meet?

Well, if all of her attention is focused on you for the time being, then you're in.

It sounds simple, but it's true.

The important thing is to establish that little connection with them FIRST.

I've said some really dumb things before, thing so dumb that even my friends had to drop everything they were doing and ask themselves: " Did he really just say that?"

Part of what I say comes from the fact that much like Abe Lincoln, I find it very hard to lie, and when I am Lying, you can easily notice it and call me on it. It's a gift and a curse.

It sucks when you can't cheat on a woman and get away with it...

Her: Did you sleep with my mother and my sister yesterday?

Me: (Words) I would never do anything to hurt you....
(Body movements) Yes... but you're mother was lousy and your friend has one hell of yeast infection going on. I've never seen so many loafs of bread in my life... They were tasty, but still, too much bread for one man...


......


Don't waste time. Don't worry about looking stupid. You probably already look stupid by virtue of the way you're dressed.

Get up and say something.


Amir

No comments:

Post a Comment